- Thou shalt Exfoliate. Exfoliating before getting a Spray Tan is one of the most important parts of the tanning process. Removing the dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin allows the Spray Tan to take to the skin evenly, producing a streak free finish. TechnoTan Tan Removal Mitt and Exfoliating Face and Body Creams are the ideal products to prepare your skin for a Spray Tan. It’s also important to shave before getting a Spray Tan. Make sure any hair removal takes place the day before to avoid any skin irritation.
- Thou shalt not moisturise before a Spray Tan. Yes you read that right: do not wear moisturisers, deodorants and makeup as they can act as a barrier to the tanning solution. This means the tanning solution may not settle on the skin evenly, reducing the absorption of the tanning solution, resulting in a lighter tan or worse, streaks.
- Thou shalt always use a Barrier Cream . When Spray Tanning it is crucial to apply a barrier cream to dry areas of the skin. Apply the TechnoTan Barrier Cream to any areas of hard skin that can go darker with Spray Tan such as the knees, heels, elbows and palms of the hand. The application of TechnoTan Barrier Cream will reduce the darkening in those areas ensuring the areas of hard skin have the same depth of tan as the surrounding areas. Do not apply too much cream and lightly rub in leaving a thin smear on the surface of the skin.
- Thou shalt get sprayed in a solution that suits your skin tone with “1 even coat”. It’s very important that you get sprayed by a qualified Spray Tanning Technician that understands your skin tone and has the ability to match solutions to your complexion. Being sprayed with one coat is important to guarantee a flawless tan. TechnoTan solutions are created using the finest naturally derived botanical and certified organic ingredients. TechnoTan has a solution to suit all complexions. TechnoTan Tanning technicians are fully trained to listen to your needs and will choose the perfect colour to suit your skin and leave you with a glowing natural tan.
- Thou Shalt wear loose clothing after a tan. After your Spray Tan, it is best to wear loose fitting clothing that does not cling and affect the quality of your tan. It is also best to wear dark clothing that is easily washable to ensure that any tan solution that rubs onto clothing will not stain. TechnoTan’s unique formula has a reputation of having minimal bronzer coming off on clothing or sheets before showering. Ask your Technician for a Tan Dress; if available.
- Thou shalt blend. Blending any kind of tanning product is very important in ensuring an even, streak-free, flawless tan. Your Tan Technician will blend where appropriate when applying your tan. When using TechnoTan Tan in a Can, use the TechnoTan Blending Brush to even out any areas where too much solution has been sprayed, ensuring to blend in a circular motion. When using TechnoTan’s Self Tanning Mousse use a TechnoTan Tan Application Mitt to help evenly blend the product into the skin for a streak free finish.
- Thou shalt be patient. Don’t spoil your Spray Tan by washing it off too early. Always remember to leave your tan on for the recommended amount of time. Your TechnoTan Technician will advise the right amount of time for your skin’s complexion for the solution that has been applied to your skin. It’s also important to be patient and avoid partaking in any physical activity soon after getting a Spray Tan as the acidity from sweating can affect the colour of a Spray Tan. It’s also a good idea while your skin is tanned to stay away from harsh skin-stripping chemicals that are found in pools and spas.
- Thou shalt invest in After-Care Products: To keep your tan fresh and glowing for as long as possible you need to look after it. Spend some time moisturising yourself every day using TechnoTan Body Butter, Full Body Moisturiser or Moisturising Body Milk. Stop your tan from washing away by using TechnoTan Tan Saver Body Wash which is Sodium Lauryl Sulphate Free and contains no harsh chemicals that will strip the skin of its colour unlike many body washes on the market. Similarly TechnoTan Tan Saver Shampoo and Conditioner are perfect to protect the colour of a Spray on Tan whilst cleaning and nourishing the hair.The Hair Care range is Sodium Lauryl Sulphate free and formulated using natural and organic ingredients designed so the runoff from washing hair will not affect the colour of a Spray Tan unlike many hair care products on the market.
- Thou shalt re-book my tan: Re-booking your next TechnoTan Spray on Tan just after receiving a tan is one of the best ways to save a few dollars. For many Spray tanning technicians, customer loyalty is a huge part of ensuring that they can continue to offer a Spray Tanning service.
- Thou shalt refer a friend: Why not save some money and make your friends happy at the same time! Many Spray Tanning Technicians will offer special discounts to current clients if they refer one of their friends as it is an effective way of attracting new business. So don’t keep your TechnoTan technician to yourself, spread the TechnoTan love!
You are here: Home › 10 Tanning Commandments – Spray Tan
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.